Save the Date: 2014 CRSS Computer Training
February 3, 2014
The Department of Human Services/Division of Mental Health will be hosting three equivalent training opportunities throughout Illinois. Please note that there is a new format for the training. This structure best meets the needs of individuals who will be attending. We now offer the training as two one-day trainings that are conducted several weeks apart.
Participants need to attend both days in the same site (central, southern, northern); however participants can attend the two days in whichever site is most convenient. Please read below for training sites and dates. Registration will be REQUIRED, and will be coordinated by site. Registration forms will be sent out by March 21st.
The training is FREE. However, due to budgetary constraints, there will be no scholarships or mileage reimbursement available, and lunch is 'on your own.'
- Central: May 15th and July 17th Agriculture Building, Springfield
- South: July 15th and October 28th Good Samaritan St. Mary's Hospital, Mt. Vernon
- North: August 20th and September 10th Thompson Center, Chicago
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Individuals interested in pursuing the CRSS credential
- CRSS professionals who wish to increase their skills
- Supervisors of peer mentors and other CRSS staff
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN AND PRACTICE:
- Advocacy: Promoting individual choice and self-determination
- Professional Responsibility: The supervisory relationship, and other complex relationships
- Mentoring: Role-modeling behavior
- Recovery Support: 10 Fundamental Components of Recovery
- CRSS Requirements: How to apply for and maintain the CRSS credential
- Plus: Panel of currently employed CRSS professionals