COMMUNITY SERVICES SUB-GROUP
ICG CONTINUUM OF CARE WORKGROUP
Attendees - Cynthia Tate, Darlene McGary, Debbie Smith, Jaime Jermaine, Jean Meister, Judy Griffeth, Leslie Howard, Orson Morrison, Paula Brien, Dr. Mehlinger, Roberta Allen, Rosemary Bussie, Stephanie Barish, Lisa Betz, Jordan Litvak, Marc Fagan, Margo Roethlisberger
The workgroup began brainstorming services that they would like to see available in the community. These include:
- Mobile Crisis Stabilization - team concept; FRD, clinical, peer support, nurse
- Family Support, Training, Education
- Young Adult Support Services
- Support in Educational Placement
- Vocational Training
- Day Treatment
- Living Room Model
- Peer Support
- Medication Management
- Personal Support Workers
- The group discussed the top reasons for residential requests which include violence, parent-child conflict, self-harm, supervision and runaway behavior.
- Discussed Personal Support Workers including the issues the state has had on the DD side regarding Personal Support Workers being paid when they are out of state or deceased. DeAnn Ryan indicated she is writing a curriculum for community college for this level of worker in Eastern Illinois.
- The group discussed the "Meet Me Where I Am" campaign from Arizona.
- Michele Carmichael brought up the 3-Tier Model for the Illinois State Board of Education - prevention, early intervention, intervention
- The group discussed a Front Door screening - get to appropriate services, decide about level of care determinations
- Mobile Response Unit goes out to assist family with ICG application instead of sending letter Stay with family throughout the process. Determine immediate needs, ongoing needs, assist with application process. Need to meet criteria. Need to be practical as well as functional. Questions about whether it is a SASS function or put on Community-Based providers.
- Personal Support Worker, HS Community Service Workers, MHP, QMHP, Peer Support Workers - Respite, Mentoring, Community Support
- Transitional Services - Vocational, Housing, Free time, Independent Living Skills,
- Transition goals would need to be met prior to the youth being discharged from ICG.
- How do we maintain community services while the youth is in residential?
- Testing out home situations - have community support services in place during those visits
- Flexibility across services
What are the criteria to be eligible for specific services within ICG? Child and Family Team guides treatment recommendations and services.
Community Based Services- will meet on Thursday, January 23rd from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. at the annex.
- Conference Dial In Number: 888-806-4788
- Access Code: 5230425473