- The Medicare-Medicaid Alignment Initiative (MMAI) demonstration project provides coordinated medical care to seniors and to persons with a disability who receive both Medicaid and Medicare.
- Persons who choose to enroll in the MMAI program will keep getting their Medicare and Medicaid benefits.
- There is different Managed Care Organization (MCO) plans to choose from under MMAI depending on where you live. Medicare-Medicaid Alignment Initiative Health Plans are:
Greater Chicago Area:
Cook, DuPage, Kane, Kankakee, Lake and Will
|Central Illinois: Champaign, Christian, DeWitt, Ford, Logan, Macon, McLean, Menard, Peoria, Piatt, Sangamon, Stark. Tazewell and Vermilion
|Aetna Better Health
||Health Alliance Connect
|Blue Cross Community
- Each MMAI plan has a team of providers and care coordinators that will help persons reach their health plan goals by coordinating their care under both the Medicare and Medicaid programs.
- The Client Enrollment Broker began mailing announcement notices in January 2014 to persons who are eligible to enroll.
- Mandatory enrollment will start June 2014.
- Persons may change a plan or opt out of MMAI at anytime by calling the Client Enrollment Broker at 1-877-912-8880.
- For more information, visit www.EnrollHFS.Illinois.gov or call 1-877-912-8880 (TTY: 1-866-565-8576) or call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) (TTY: 1-800-486-2048). The call is free.
Michelle R. B. Saddler
Secretary, Illinois Department of Human Services
Director, Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services