The 18 statewide ISC agencies will do the following pre-admission processes:
- ISC agencies will give a potential Ligas Class Member pre-admission screening services for eligibility to make sure that all federal and state pre-admission screening laws and regulations are met.
- Assess individuals who may have developmental disabilities who want to live in a nursing facilities.
- Assess individuals who want Medicaid-funded services in a developmental disability setting and who are Medicaid eligible or are expected to become Medicaid eligible within 60 days.
- Conduct and arrange for assessments needed to complete the screening process for an individual.
- Determine the service needs for individuals based on assessments and evaluations, including the presence of a developmental disability, the need for 24-hour nursing care, and the need for active treatment for the developmental disability.
- Screen for guardianship needs.
- Educate individuals and families, present all options and help with the service selection process.
- Link individuals to needed services.
- Complete all documentation to support the ISC/PAS agency's determinations and supply necessary information to an existing or potential service provider.
- Provide 24-hour help for individuals, families, and providers.
How To Contact Your ISC Agency
- To locate the ISC Agency closest you live, please use our DHS Office Locator.
- Select "Developmental Disabilities Services" and enter your county or the zip code for Cook County.
- Maps "to and from" the ISC Agency office are provided, along with contact information.