The 18 statewide PAS agencies will do the following:
- Provide pre-admission screening services in specific geographic service areas to ensure compliance with Federal and State pre-admission screening laws and regulations.
- Assess individuals for whom there is a reason to believe there is a developmental disability who are seeking admission to nursing facilities.
- Assess individuals who are seeking Medicaid-funded services in a developmental disability setting and who are Medicaid eligible or are expected to become Medicaid eligible within 60 days.
- Conduct and arrange for assessments needed to complete the screening process for an individual.
- Determine the service needs for individuals based on assessments and evaluations, including the presence of a developmental disability, the need for 24-hour nursing care, and the need for active treatment for the developmental disability.
- Screen for guardianship needs.
- Educate individuals and families, present all options and help with the service selection process.
- Link individuals to needed services.
- Complete all documentation to support the PAS agency's determinations and supply necessary information to an existing or potential service provider.
- Provide 24-hour accessibility for individuals, families, and providers.
How To Contact Your Pre-Admission Screening Agency
- To locate the PAS Agency closest you live, please use our DHS Office Locator.
- Select "Developmental Disabilities Services" and enter your information for the search.
- Maps "to" and "from" the PAS Agency office are there for your use, as well as contact information for that agency.