To Qualify as a Ligas Class Member
You must be an adult (18 and above) in Illinois who have an intellectual disability or other developmental disabilities and who qualify for Medicaid Waiver services:
- who reside in private ICFs-DD with nine or more residents.
- for whom the State has a current record showing that the individual has requested community-based services or want to live in a community-based setting
- who reside in a family home and need community-based services or want to live in a the community; and
- for whom the State has a current record showing that the individual has requested community-based services or to live in the community.
How to Become a Ligas Class Member
If you think you are eligible to be a Ligas class member and want to be included, you must:
- Contact your Pre-Admission Screening Agency (PAS) to establish your eligibility
- Become enrolled in the Waiting List (PUNS) database.
Your Rights as a Ligas Class Member
- You have the right to enroll if you qualify.
- You have the right to not enroll or drop out of the class if you you do not wish to receive community-based services.
- If you are approved for community funding under Ligas, you have the right to choose from a menu of community providers and services.
- If you are eligible for funding under crisis circumstances, you have the right to receive services in a timely manner.