The Illinois Department of Human Services (DHS) is pleased to announce, through its contract with NetLearning (NL), 25 Computer-Based Learning (CBL) modules covering a variety of topics are available to Division of Developmental Disabilities-funded community agency staff. These CBLs are part of the DHS Bureau of Training and Support Services' (BTSS) 2013 Health Professional Series. These CBLs have been:
- developed by subject matter experts and health care providers, and
- certified by the American Society for Training and Development (ASTD).
The CBLs meet Joint Commission, CMS, and OSHA compliance standards and contain information important to staff that provide services and supports to people with developmental disabilities.
Computer-Based Learning Modules
- Abuse, Neglect, and Exploitation
- Bloodborne Pathogens for Clinical Staff
- Bloodborne Pathogens for Non-clinical Staff
- Client Rights and Confidentiality
- Communication through the Lifespan
- Electrical Safety
- Emergency Management Planning
- Fire Safety
- General Radiation and MRI Safety for Non-Clinical Staff
- Handling Hazardous Materials
- Hazardous Communication
- Health Care Safety and Injury Prevention
- Health Care Security
- Infection Control for Clinical Staff
- Infection Control for Non-clinical Staff Life Safety
- Medical Equipment Management
- Providing Age-Appropriate Care to Adolescents
- Providing Age-Appropriate Care to Children
- Providing Age-Appropriate Care to Older Adults
- Providing Age-Appropriate Care to Young and Middle-Aged Adults
- Radiation, MRI, and Laser Safety for Clinical Staff
- Understanding and Preventing Tuberculosis for Clinical Staff
- Understanding and Preventing Tuberculosis for Non-clinical Staff
- Utility Management
Core Compliance CBL Series Approved Continuing Education Credits (CEs)
By reading the course content and then scoring the minimum level of accuracy (competency) needed to pass the course, 0.50 hours of Continuing Education (CE) credit can be earned for each of the 25 Computer-Based Learning CBLs successfully completed for the following professions:
- Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professionals (QIDPs) - Completion of these CBLs may be applied towards the 12 hour annual continuing education requirement.
- Professional Licenses
How to Enroll or Unenroll
To enroll in any of these CBLs, use the Online Registration - NetLearning Student Interface. Learn how to register with the NetLearning Student Interface Instructions.
How to Find CBL Continuing Education Credit Hours (CEs)
When enrolling on the DHS NetLearning Student Interface, CE credit hours are listed for DHS CBL courses in the "Credits" column.
DHS NetLearning Transcript CBL Credit Hours (CEs)
Upon successful completion of a DHS Computer-Based Learning (CBL) module, the CE credit will be added to your DHS NetLearning transcript. Transcripts are available and may be printed from the DHS NetLearning Student Interface.
How to Document Continuing Education Credits (CEs)
See more detailed information for Documenting CEs.
Contact Information for Assistance
If you have any questions about the DHS CBLs or enrolling process, please contact:
Gloria Heggy at (217) 557-7516
Sandra Bancroft at (217) 558-1511.