- Effective February 1, 2014, most adults will have copays for behavioral health clinical services.
- In January 2014, CN 13.26/S (pdf), Changes to Your Medical Benefits Copays, will be mailed to clients to inform them about the change.
Starting on or after February 1, 2014, most adults will be subject to copays of $3.90 for behavioral health clinical services. In January 2014,CN 13.26/S (pdf), Changes to Your Medical Benefits Copays, will be mailed to All Kids Assist, FamilyCare Assist, Moms & Babies, TANF and AABD community clients. The notices are in English and Spanish.
There is no behavioral health services copayment for:
- children under age 19,
- pregnant women,
- hospice patients,
- persons enrolled in Health Benefits for Persons with Breast or Cervical Cancer,
- residents of nursing homes, supportive living and intermediate care facilities, and
- American Indians or Alaskan Natives who have or are currently receiving services delivered by an Indian healthcare provider or through referral under contract health services.
[signed copy on file]
Michelle R. B. Saddler
Secretary, Illinois Department of Human Services
Director, Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services