MYCare Integrated Health Care
DuPage County Health Department
How do consumers feel about integrated care?
People receiving integrated care services report higher quality of life and greater satisfaction with:
- Attention to their treatment preferences
- Coordination & continuity of care
- Overall care
How do I get started?
MYCARE Integrated Services can be accessed Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Integrated Services are provided at:
- Central Public Health Center
- 111 North County Farm Road
- Wheaton, IL. 60187
For more information or an intake appointment call: (630) 682-7400
If you currently receive Behavioral Health Services ask one of your Behavioral Health Team Members about MYCARE enrollment.
Why Integrated Health Care?
- Integrated care focuses on wellness; with the goal to treat physical and behavioral health issues together while providing the most efficient and effective results.
- Physical and behavioral health problems often occur at the same time.
- Most people seek help for Behavioral Health problems from their Primary Care Provider.
- One half of all care for common psychiatric disorders happen in Primary Care settings.
- People with behavioral health issues experience a statistically higher rate of common medical disorders like diabetes, obesity, addiction to nicotine, and high blood pressure.
Your MYCARE Coordinator will assess your progress and offer support with scheduled collection of the following health indicators:
- Blood Pressure
- Body Mass Index
- Waist Circumference
- Breath CO
- Plasma Glucose (fasting) and/or HgbA1c
- Lipid Profile (HDL, LDL, triglycerides)
- Daily Living Activity Scale
MYCARE Program Integrated Services Goals and Objectives:
- Improve the physical health status of adults with Serious Mental Illness who have or are at risk for co-occurring primary care illnesses and chronic diseases by providing comprehensive primary care services including dental care
- Treat identified mental illnesses and/ or co-occurring disorders by providing specialized mental health services
- Promote self-management of physical and mental health conditions and long-term by providing evidence-based wellness services and connecting clients to community care supports
MYCARE Program Services and Activities:
Integrated Health Treatment
- Onsite Primary Care Provider from VNA Health Care;
- Onsite DCHD behavioral health services and community health services;
- Medically necessary referrals to qualified specialty care professionals as required;
- Onsite urgent dental care and/or referrals for preventive and restorative care with partnering dental programs; and
- Linkages to community support services for enhancing long-term health improvement and recovery .
- Access to wellness programs including: Centering Diabetes, Smoking Cessation, Nutrition and Weight Management and (peer-led) Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) onsite at DCHD.