- A Special Notice About Health Coverage (CN 13.20 (pdf)/CN 13.20S (pdf)) is being mailed to HFS Medical Benefits clients in October 2013.
- The annual Healthy Kids (HFS 1802 (pdf)/HFS 1802S (pdf)) and Womens, Infants and Children (WIC) (CN 13.19 (pdf)/CN 13.19S (pdf)) notices will be included with the Special Notice mailing for cases with children under age 21 and pregnant women.
- The Healthy Kids notice includes the Immunization Schedule information for 2013.
Special Notice About Health Coverage
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires that most people have healthcare insurance coverage beginning in January 2014. In October 2013, a Special Notice About Health Coverage (CN 13.20 (pdf)/CN 13.20S (pdf)) will be mailed to HFS Medical Benefits recipients. This notice informs clients that they do not need to do anything at this time to get healthcare coverage because they are already covered. It also informs them that people who do not have coverage can visit GetCoveredIllinois.gov to get help.
Healthy Kids and WIC Annual Mailings
Federal law requires the state to remind families of the availability of Healthy Kids services and to provide information about the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program annually.
The Healthy Kids notice (HFS 1802 (pdf)/HFS 1802S (pdf)) and Womens, Infants and Children (WIC) (CN 13.19 (pdf)/CN 13.19S (pdf)) mailings will be sent together with the Special Notice About Health Coverage for cases that contain children under age 21 and pregnant women. The annual Immunization Schedule information is on the reverse of Form HFS 1802.
Persons living in Nursing Homes are excluded from these mailings.
Healthy Kids Services
Children may receive early periodic screening, diagnosis and treatment (EPSDT) to help them stay well and to prevent disability, illness or death. In Illinois these services are called Healthy Kids. You can help by:
- learning about Healthy Kids services (see PM 20-21-00),
- telling families about the availability of services, and
- encouraging parents to make and keep Healthy Kids appointments.
[signed copy on file]
Michelle R.B. Saddler
Secretary, Illinois Department of Human Services
Director, Healthcare and Family Services
- CN 13.19/CN 13.19S
- CN 13.20/CN 13.20S
- Form HFS 1802/HFS 1802S