Once you have selected a word, group of words or a paragraph, you can use the following Keyboard Shortcuts to manipulate the selection. The Keyboard Shortcuts are universal across all window applications (word, excel, outlook, internet explorer, your desktop, etc.).
- CTRL+A: Select - selects all text or objects.
- CTRL+C: Copy - copy selection to another area.
- CTRL+X: Cut - cut selection from original area.
- CTRL+V: Paste - copy selection from clipboard to new location
- CTRL+Z: Undo - undoes the previous mouse and/or keyboard action
- CTRL+Y: Redo - redoes the previous mouse and/or keyboard action
- CTRL+B: Bold - makes the selection BOLD.
- CTRL+I: Italic - italizes the selection.
- CTRL+F: Find - opens a Find window to enter characters to find in that particular window (i.e word document, email, etc.)