Citizenship Education - An important purpose is to implement community-based, classroom instruction for Citizenship Education. Allowable activities include, but are not limited to:
- Recruitment and training of volunteers/instructors;
- On-going review and evaluation of curricula;
- Recruitment, screening, and placement of clients;
- Instruction in English language and civics in preparation for the naturalization process;
- Coordination with or provision of application services.
Providers should address:
- The special needs of women, the disabled, and the elderly as appropriate to program design;
- The ways in which client ethnicity affect curriculum content and/or instructional methodology;
- The availability of services beyond normal work hours;
- The geographic accessibility of services.