Bureau of Workforce Development, Employment and Training Resource Development Services' Provider Monitors will monitor programs for adherence to Agreement provisions. In addition, Monitors may conduct follow-up visits to ensure implementation of corrective action plans and will investigate complaints received regarding delivery of program services.
A. Program Reviews
Program reviews may include but are not limited to:
- site review including review of written program and staff procedural materials (i.e. any recruitment or marketing letters or materials, orientation curriculum, assessment form(s), employability plan, non-cooperation notices, employer agreements, etc.);
- interviews with Provider Staff;
- case file reviews;
- participant interviews both at Provider site and at assigned activity site;
- observation of on site activities, such as, orientation sessions, job readiness classes, vocational and/or educational training and/or off-site training, education or counseling sites;
- employer/other activities site visits and interviews;
- review of Referral and Attendance Records;
- review of supportive services issuances;
- distribution and receipt of FCRC Coordination, Provider Manager and Billing Surveys;
- progress in achieving contracted benchmarks;
- fiscal survey/fiscal month review;
- review of billed unsubsidized job placements; and
- desk audit reviews for select Providers.
B. Review Protocol
- Provider monitoring staff will schedule the review at least ten days (10) in advance and confirm the date of the visit in writing. A copy of the monitoring instrument will be enclosed with the scheduling letter. The planned duration of each review will be indicated when scheduling is done and will depend on the program size, number of sites, etc.
- Each visit will begin with an entrance conference and conclude with an exit conference to verbally report results and any findings, corrective actions needed, and recommendations suggested. A written report will follow.
- Provider monitoring staff will invite the Provider Manager, FCRC and Regional Family and Community Services' Representatives to the Exit Conference.
- A written report of monitoring findings, recommendations and needed corrective actions will be sent to the Provider following the review. Corrective actions must be implemented in the time frame specified in the written report.