- Referral Process
- General Program
- Change Progress Report Form (Form 2151A)
The Department will be responsible for the following provisions as applicable to the Provider's program.
A. Referral Process
- The Department may refer eligible and appropriate individuals to Downstate Earnfare, Job Placement with Retention, Support Services and Special Project Providers for services using Referral Form (Form 2151 or Form 2151c).
- The Department will screen and refer eligible individuals to Cook County Earnfare Providers monthly, using the Earnfare Referral and Attendance Record. The Earnfare Referral and Attendance Record will specify the number of hours an individual must complete in order to work off the value of their SNAP benefit, and the maximum number of hours for which an individual can participate for cash assistance payments.
- The NCP Services Unit (NCPSU) will screen and refer eligible individuals to Non-Custodial Parent (NCP) Earnfare Providers monthly, using the NCP Earnfare Referral and Attendance Record. The NCP Earnfare Referral and Attendance Record will specify the number of hours an individual must complete in order to work off the $50 child support obligation, to work off the value of their SNAP benefit (if applicable), and the number of hours for which a participant can work to earn the maximum $244 monthly cash assistance payment.
B. General Program
- The Department will issue supportive services to participants in the Cook County Earnfare program and to participants in the NCP Earnfare program who receive SNAP benefits.
- The NCP Services Unit will issue transportation funds to participants in the NCP Earnfare program who do not receive SNAP benefits.
- The Department will process billings in a timely manner upon receipt and after reviewing the billing for completeness and accuracy.
- The Department may verify any or all unsubsidized placements.
- The Department will provide Worker's Compensation coverage for each SNAP E&T participant assigned to an Earnfare employer (Cook County, Downstate Earnfare and NCP Earnfare Providers) or to a contracted Work Experience sponsor.
- The Department will provide Cook County and Downstate Earnfare with documentation to determine the hours required to work off the value of participants' SNAP benefits.
- Department staff will participate in staffings with the Provider to review and discuss the status of customers assigned to the Provider using the established staffing protocols (see Appendix C) and forms.
- At its discretion, the Department may remove from a Provider's program those participants who demonstrate insufficient progress or a pattern of non-compliance and reassign them to other countable activities.
- The Department will assume no liability for the actions of SNAP E&T customers while on assignment.
C. Change Progress Report Form (Form 2151A)
- The Department will take action to sanction a participant's SNAP benefits within 48 hours of receiving a Change Progress Report Form (Form 2151A) reporting non-cooperation. Only SNAP benefits will be sanctioned due to a participant's failure to cooperate with employment and training activities.
- The Department will use the Change Progress Report Form (Form 2151A) to notify the Provider within 48 hours of cancellation, employment, change in benefit or other case action.