The Division of Developmental Disabilities offers training Webinars on a variety of topics. Providers and others are strongly encouraged to participate in these Webinars. Continuing education credits (CEs) opportunities are still available on past webinars - Use links at bottom of page to see past webinars.
Using "Go To Webinar" Technology
- You must pre-pregister and you will need Internet access to participate in the GoToWebinars.
- Click on a webinar links below for more information about a webinar, then use the date link to enter your registration information.
- After you register, you will receive an email with a login link and phone number from "GoToWebinar."
- On the day of the Webinar(s), use this login link to connect to the Webinar. Webinar audio will come through computer or external speakers, or you may get better audio by using your telephone. You can select "Use Telephone" after joining the Webinar using the phone number (not toll-free) and PIN # that was sent via email. The phone number and PIN# can also be accessed through the GoToMeeting control panel.
- Due to the large number of participants, Webinars attendees are "muted" and use the "chat feature" to communicate questions and comments.
- For assistance, please call the Division of Developmental Disabilities at (217) 782-9438.
Webinar and Handouts Information
Please see the links for printing, saving or viewing and registering below.
Note: Date change from 7/29/15 to 8/5/15 - This course is for the exclusive use of professional nurses trained by DHS as Nurse-Trainers. The Nurse-Trainer Medication in the Community (MA) training consists of three required GoToMeeting Webinars. The first is a prerequisite recorded Webinar viewed prior to Webinars 1 and 2 on 8/5/15. Webinars 1 and 2 are live, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Please see the links for printing, saving or viewing and registering below.
- Unencumbered Illinois professional nurse license 2 years of professional nursing clinical experience within the last 5 years preferably in the field of developmental disabilities.
- RN license number.
- Upon completion of the DHS Nurse-Trainer Program, you must take a DHS Nurse-Training computer-based post test. The post-test will be assigned to you by the DHS Bureau of Quality Management after your attendance at the class/webinar has been verified. You must complete the computer-based test within 10 business days.
Documenting Continuing Education Credits (CEs)
Recorded Webinar documentation instructions are posted on the DHS Web site under "Documenting CEs".
Past webinars still available to earn Continuing Education Credits