This three part series is being delivered as on-line training by the Illinois Department of Human Services, Office of Grants Administration.
This training shows you how to effectively, find, write and submit proposals for federal, state, local, non-governmental, and private sector grants. If you want to learn the essentials of writing and acquiring grants, this three part series will help your agency.
Who Should Attend?
For no cost, the Illinois Department of Human Services, Office of Grants Administration is now training individuals from agencies now under contract with IDHS. Each agency is permitted to register only two (2) individuals. All of the providers will be offered this training; however, the virtual classroom limits us to enrolling no more than 100 participants at a time.
Registration is now open and will close after the first 100 seats are full. Therefore, you are strongly encouraged to register your staff immediately as this training is on a first come first serve basis. After all of the providers have been offered this training, there will be another opportunity for you to register additional staff.
How to Register
Registration is closed at this time and will reopen on November 1, 2014.
Training Dates and Times
Once registration is closed, all enrollees will be notified of their training dates and time. There are three parts to each class. Each part is for one hour and thirty minutes. Instructions on how to enter the virtual classroom are sent to each enrollee prior to each class along with the training materials. If technical assistance is required, enrollees are given instructions on whom to contact. No costs are incurred by the provider because the student can participate at the work site by simply logging onto a computer and entering the virtual classroom.
You will need a PC with the following minimum technical requirements:
- Operating System: Windows XP or Windows 7
- Software: Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- Internet Connection
Upon completion of the entire 3 part series, staff will:
- know how to research and find available grants;
- have tools that will help them with the planning and organizing required prior to the actual writing of a grant application;
- understand the fundamental elements of a grant proposal; and,
- learn how to prepare the narrative portion of the grant application including: 1) problem statement, 2) goals and objectives, 3) program design/methodology, 4) logic model, 5) staffing and management plan, 6) organizational capacity, 7) evaluation plan, 8) budget, 9) sustainability plan, 10) abstract, and 11) supplemental documents.
The registration form addresses special accommodations. If they are required, every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate the needs. It is imperative to immediately notify Denise.Eligan@illinois.gov if special accommodations are needed.
Please contact Denise Eligan, Bureau Chief, IDHS Office of Grants Administration at (312) 793-3599 or email at Denise.Eligan@illinois.gov.