Office of Mental Health, Child and Adolescent Services
4200 North Oak Park Avenue / Annex
Chicago, Illinois 60634
Tel: 773 - 794-4895 Fax: 773-794-4881
Evidence Based Treatment Initiative - Cohort VII
Information Call- In
December 12, 2012
A question and answer session was held to allow community providers to learn more about Evidence Training Initiative Training - Cohort VII and the requirements to respond to the Request for Service Plan(RSP)
This is a summary of the questions asked.
- What kind of video camera is needed to submit recordings of sessions?
Answer: Due to confidential nature of the recording, we are requesting that the videos be sent to the Consultants in the form of a DVD that will either be destroyed by them or returned to you for destruction. There is an additional $150 in the budget to allow for the purchasing of a video camera if needed. Please specify in your application budget that this is where you are utilizing the funding.
- Can a MHP working on Masters participate in Training?
Answer: Yes - MHPs will be allowed as line staff.
- If an agency has participated in other trainings, can they send new staff?
Answer: Yes- if the agency is chosen as a fundable RSP. The narrative portion of the service plan will require a specific about how previous training is being sustained and impact it has had on your outcomes.
- How many agencies will be selected from each region?
Answer: We will choose the two highest scoring service plans from each region. If there is no fundable service plans from a specific region, then the next highest overall service plan(s) will be funded.
- Is it a requirement to attend all 8 in person training sessions?
Answer: Yes! Yes! Yes!
- Tools used?
Answer: Ohio Scales, Columbia Impairment Scale - Parent and Youth when appropriate and the Devereux Early Childhood Assessment (DECA), as well as the Practicewise Data base
- If service is delivered outside the office (home, school), can a paper version of the tools be used and later entered into the database for evaluation?
- The budget for region 2, 3, 4 & 5 does not add up to $10,500?
Answer: Yes - that is true. Use it wisely, especially if you need to purchase a video camera and DVD's.
- Where is the RSP found on the DHS website?
Go to the DHS website and look under:Grants, RSP
Click on: RSP
Evidence Based Training Initiative is at the bottom.
- Can paper version of a tool be submitted?
Answer: Yes - Data may be submitted on line or paper versions faxed to the evaluator.
- Will CEUs be provided?
Answer:Yes - CEUs will be provided by Illinois State University, after data is submitted to the evaluator
- Reference to 5 goals page 5- Unclear what they are?
Answer: Oversight on our part - we meant the next 5 areas on page 6:
Agency Readiness for Evidence Based Practice Implementation
Interest in Evidence Based Treatment
Professional Development and Technical Support
- Must the supervisor coming to the training be the supervisor of the line staff in the training?
Answer:Yes- And the supervisor is expected to carry 4 cases through out the training.