Duplicate cases should be eliminated to prevent loss of case information and unnecessary spending on child care. Should you discover a case or application which has a duplicate in CCMS, this job aid will help you resolve the issue and proceed with providing the care needed by the client.
How to Resolve Duplicate Applications
- After performing a task search and noticing two applications with matching information, or noticing an application for which a case already exists, you should begin the duplicate application process.
- Determine which Application should remain open.
- Select the Application Work Item of the duplicated application from the Task Search page under the Tasks tab. The Work Item Details page displays.
- On the Work Item Details page, complete the Case # field by populating with the case which should remain open.
Next to the Case # field there is an icon. Click on the icon to access a search page to search for the correct case to associate the application to.
- Select Complete from the Work Item Status drop-down list.
- Click [Save].
- The desired duplicate application is now closed.
Best Practice! It is a best practice to navigate to the associated open case, and add a Case Note documenting the closed Application Work Item information.
How to Resolve a Duplicate Case
The following steps are completed by the CCR&R/Site:
- After performing a case search and noticing two cases with matching information, you should begin the duplicate case process.
- On the Case Search page, review in the Source column to identify which organization is responsible for the duplicate cases.
- When conducting a case search, if you select the checkbox next to Search by CDB or Search by COPA, CCMS will also search the Client Database or City of Chicago database to determine if the client is on an existing CDB or City of Chicago case and receiving benefits. You can view the Source column to determine if the case is a CCMS, CDB, City of Chicago case.
- Source Column Definitions:
- CCMS: If CCMS displays in the source column, the case is on an existing child care case in CCMS and is overseen by a Child Care Resource & Referral (CCR&R) agency, Site, or the Bureau of Child Care & Development (BCCD).
- CDB: If the client exists in the Client Database (TANF, Medicaid, SNAP cases) and has a client record, it displays in the search results.
- COPA: If the client exists in the City of Chicago database and has an existing child care case, this case displays in the database. Use the City of Chicago wizard to find additional information.
- Determine if the cases are all CCMS or if they contain a City of Chicago case (COPA). Remember this as it will affect your future actions.
- Best Practice - Link the duplicate Cases! Select the checkbox in the Select column for each case. Click [Link] to link the cases to one another. By linking the cases, you will be able to view all cases by selecting the case you wish to view from a drop down which will appear in the purple header.
- Navigate to the Work Items Search page. (Click on the Work Item tab. From the Left Navigation menu, select Work Item Search. The Work Item Search page displays.)
- Search for the Duplicate Case Work Item to determine if it has already been created. If it has not, click [Create New] at the bottom of the Work Item Search page. A new Work Item Details page displays.
- On the Create Work Item section of the Work Item Details page, select Duplicate Case from the Work Item Type drop-down list.
- Select BCCD from the Assigned Org drop-down list.
- Use the following guidelines to select the Workflow Status:
- If the duplicate cases include a City of Chicago case, select [Duplicate Case - CCMS and City of Chicago].
- If the duplicate cases are all CCMS cases, select [Duplicate Case].
- In the Case # field, select the case which will remain open.
- In the Duplicate Case # field, select the case which is the duplicate case and should be closed.
- Click [Save].
- Navigate to the Work Item Notes page.
- Create a Work Item Note which includes the case information of the cases that are duplicated for BCCD to review.
- Be sure to note which case should remain open and approved and which cases will be closed and denied. Keep the case with the most up-to-date or complete information.
- Clicking [Save] on the Duplicate Case Work Item Details page triggers a task to BCCD alerting BCCD of the Duplicate Case creation.
- Clicking [Save] triggers the following task to BCCD:
- Duplicate case
- Duplicate case - CCMS and City of Chicago
The following steps are completed by BCCD:
- Receive the "Duplicate case" or "Duplicate case - CCMS and City of Chicago" task and review the Work Item Details, Work Item Note, and case information.
- For City of Chicago duplicates, work with the City of Chicago to determine if the duplicate case request should be approved or denied.
- Create a Work Item Note documenting approval or denial of the duplicate case work item.
- Select the requesting organization from the Assigned Org drop-down list on the Work Item Details page.
- Click [Save].
- Clicking [Save] triggers the following task to the Assigned Organization:
- Duplicate case OR Duplicate case - CCMS and City of Chicago
The following steps are preformed by the CCR&R/Site:
- Receive the "Duplicate case" or Duplicate case - CCMS and City of Chicago task and review the Work Item Details and Work Item Note created by BCCD.
- If request is approved: Cancel the duplicate case in CCMS.
- Navigate to the Work Item Details page to close the Work Item.
- Select Complete in the Work Item Status drop-down list.
- Click [Save].
- Best Practice! After completing the Duplicate Case Work Item, it is a best practice to record a Work Item Note or Case Note to document your actions and any important information for future reference.
Duplicate: Work Flow Status Key
The agency in the Assigned Org field is the organization that owns the Work Item and receives the task. CCMS will send the task to the correct team according to that agency's routing rules.
|Work Flow Status
||When do I select?
||When the duplicate case request to BCCD includes two CCMS cases.
|Duplicate Case - CCMS and City of Chicago
||When the duplicate case request to BCCD includes one CCMS case and one City of Chicago case.
||Duplicate Case & City of Chicago
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the best method to close the Duplicate case in CCMS?
- Manually create a Change of Information Work Item for the case you wish to close.
- Navigate to the Document Checklist page of the duplicate case.
- Uncheck the "Received all necessary documents" field.
- Navigate to the Eligibility Results page of the duplicate case. Click [Run Eligibility].
- The parents & children on the case are now ineligible. For the ineligibility reason, select "Your child care is being paid by another program. If you have questions and/or concerns about your cancellation, please call a CCAP Specialist at (insert number)"
- Click [Deny] to deny the application or [Cancel] to cancel the case If the case is cancelled, record a date in the Cancel Effective Date field.
- Record a Case Note on the duplicate case.
- Navigate to the Generate Documents page.
- Generate a IL444-4179 - Denial of Request for Child Care Payments or IL444-4178 or Notice of Cancellation of Child Care Payments for the client/provider.
- Close the Change of Information Work Item.
- How do I cancel two CCMS cases?
- If you are cancelling a CCMS case because the client had two duplicate cases in CCMS, Remember the parent may be using two case numbers, and will now only have one. Record this cancellation reason and close the old case number. Remember to add a case note which details the existing case number (the case that will stay active). Do not send a Cancellation form.
- Important Note: The option to close a case manually is an enhancement/change in CCMS, and final enhancements/changes are currently being determined by the CCMS project team. This function may or may not be ready when you begin using CCMS.