Obsoletes Policy Memoranda dated 6/30/11 and 6/19/12.
- References to the General Assistance (GA) Program authorized under Category 07 are removed from the manual with this release.
- The Department eliminated GA cash as of 7/1/11 and GA medical assistance as of 7/1/12.
- Category P3 continues as zero grant medical assistance statewide. P3 cases receive AABD medical services.
- You Need to Make an Appointment (Form 4000) was discontinued when combined with TANF Eligibility Information (Form 4002).
- Non-emergency transportation services are not covered for children receiving All Kids Premium Level 2.
- Category P3
- Forms 4000 and 4002
- Non-Emergency Transportation for All Kids Premium Level 2
- Manual Changes
- Forms referenced:
This manual release is a follow-up to Policy Memoranda "Elimination of Cash for General Assistance - City of Chicago" dated 6/30/11 and "Elimination of the Chicago General Assistance Program" dated 6/19/12. References to the Chicago General Assistance program and Category 07 are removed from the manual.
Cash assistance ended for P3-TA cases in the city of Chicago with the elimination of cash for General Assistance effective 7/1/11. Medical assistance continues under Zero Grant Reason "G" for P3 cases in the city of Chicago. P3 cases receive AABD medical, so were not affected by the termination of medical assistance under the General Assistance program effective 7/1/12. P3 cases downstate receive AABD medical coverage under Zero Grant Reason "2". To qualify for medical assistance under the P3 program, an individual must have an SSI application pending and be found disabled by CAU. As cash is no longer offered for P3 cases in the City of Chicago, a signature on Authorization for Repayment of Interim Assistance (Form 2199) is not required as a condition of eligibility.
Forms 4000 and 4002
You Need to Make an Appointment (Form 4000) was discontinued when combined with TANF Eligibility Information (Form 4002).
Non-Emergency Transportation for All Kids Premium Level 2
Non-emergency transportation services are not covered for children receiving All Kids Premium Level 2. This clarification was omitted from an earlier HFS release, and is provided along with revisions to the manual page which are due to elimination of GA.
[signed copy on file]
Michelle R.B. Saddler
Secretary, Illinois Department of Human Services
Director, Illinois Department of HealthCare and Family Services