The CCMS Communicator - July 9, 2012 (pdf)
A Word From the Training Team
The CCMS project is rapidly approaching state-wide implementation. Therefore, now is a great time for an update from the CCMS Training Team.
Since we've launched the CCMS Training Plan, we have completed 24 Webinars with over 900 attendees, 4 Web Based Training segments have been launched using NetLearning, over 70 Classroom Trainings have been held with over 600 staff attending, and over 50 Job Aids and Wizards have been posted to the IDHS webpage.
The CCMS Training Plan included basic policy updates and procedural reviews. We have also encouraged end-users to refresh their general personal (PC) computer literacy skills to ensure a general comfort using computers in a web-based environment. Minimum PC literacy standards should include an ability to:
- use and manipulate a mouse including double-clicking, pointing and clicking, pointing and dragging, and right-clicking,
- resize pages, work with multiple pages,
- save screen shots onto PC, and upload into CCMS,
- open and close Windows, and navigation through text boxes,
- open and select values from drop-down menus and radio buttons,
- use standard navigational toolbars, menus and task bars;
And a basic understanding of:
- internet terminology (i.e., URL, links),
- internet navigation commands,
- keyboard and location of keys, including common shortcut keys (Control C to copy, Control V to paste).
Understanding the above will help make the transition from CCTS to CCMS much easier. Did you know - In the CCMS, if a user selects the Links tab and clicks a link, s/he will be directed to an external webpage in another on top of the current CCMS screen? Therefore when the external webpage is closed, the user should return to the CCMS screen.
The CCMS Train-the-Trainer (TTT) sessions will be conducted in three sessions of 3.5 days each:
- Session 1 - July 10-13 - Chicago
- Session 2 - July 24-27 - Chicago
- Session 3 - July 30-Aug 3 - Bloomington
Each agency's POC has already received information concerning the first CCMS Training of Trainers, which will be held Tuesday, July 10 through Friday, July 13 at the IDHS office (401 S. Clinton Street, Chicago, IL 60607). There are limited training spots available, and each CCR&R has been authorized to send a specified number of participants based on staff size and each agency's identified training needs.
Additional information will be shared as it becomes available. In the meantime, please have staff complete the NetLearning training modules and their associated exams.
Have you connected your scanner and imprinter? If not, ask your IT contact to review the e-mailed instructions and contact us with any questions.
Steps to Successful CCMS Training
Step 1 - Web-based training session to provide an overview and business background for users.
Step 2 - Instructor-led training to give users hands-on experience.
Step 3 - Post Instructor-Led Classroom Trianing (ILT) Webinars to provide users with refresher training and an avenue to ask questions to a live instructor.
Step 4 - Continued access to Online Help and Web-Based trainings for continued knowledge gain.
Step 5 - System Mastery!!!
CCMS On-Line Help Wizards (http://www.dhs.state.il.us/page.aspx?item=56869)
- View/Update rights to a security role
- View/Update rights to roles
- Team Management in CCMS
- Search and Update an Alert
- Update an Alert
- Create a Broadcast Message
- Search for and Create a Box Record
- Set Routing Order
- Search for a Document
- Validate a Document
- Search for, Create, and Update a Work Item
- Link a Document to a Case or Provider
- Understanding the CCMS Dashboard
- View a Task or Reminder
- Scan Documents into CCMS
- Generate a CCMS Reports
- Mark a Task as Complete
- Search for a Provider
- Search for a Document
- Search for a Case
- Generate a Document
- Search the City of Chicago Database
- Search for, Create, or Update a Case Note
- Refer a Work Item to a CCR&R/Site or BCCD
- Create or Modify a Shared Case
- Update the Eligibility Checklist
- Enter/Update Parent/Guardian Information
- Enter/Update Case Information
- Enter/Update Work Information
- Enter/Update School, Training, or Activity Information
- Enter/Update Family Information
- Enter/Update Income Information
- Enter/Update Child Care Arrangement Information
- Search for, Add, or Delete a Verification Call
- Change Type of Care
PIQA/Customer Service Wizards
- Assign a PIQA Work Item
- Search for, Create, or Update a Work Item Note
- Link a Case or Provider to a Work Item
- Export PIQA Case Sample to Excel
- Add a Provider to a Case
- Change a Provider
- Create a New Provider
- Enter/Update Provider Demographic Information
- Enter/Update Provider Rates
- Closeout a Provider
- Set up/Update a Provider Schedule
- Approve/Deny/Cancel a Redetermination or Application
- Determine Eligibility
- Transfer a Case
- Override Eligibility
- Document Co-Pay Amount
Division of Family & Community Services, Office of Early Childhood
Editors: CCAP Training, Program Support and Operations
Please e-mail comments or questions to: DHS.CCMS-INFO@illinois.gov