Redeploy Illinois Oversight Board Members and Staff. The public is welcome to attend.
Friday, June 15, 2012, 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
This meeting will be conducted via video conference with Chicago & Springfield Locations as follows:
- Chicago: 401 Clinton Building, 7th Floor Executive video conference room.
- Springfield: Harris Building, 3rd Floor Executive video conference room.
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of Minutes
- 2011 Annual Report
- FY12 Funding Update
- Supplemental Funding Request
- Redeploy Illinois Focused
- YNC Contract
- FY13 Budget Cuts/Funding Decisions
- Redeploy ARRA Grant Update
- Budget Revision Request
- CPSJ Expansion Analysis
- Cook County Planning Grant
- Winnebago Planning Grant
- All Sites Meeting Update
- St. Clair County Federal Site Visit
- Legislative Update
- Next Meeting July 20, 2012
- Meeting was called to order at 1:11pm.
- Members Present: Chair: Anna D'Ascenzo for Grace Hong Duffin, Anne Studzinski-Vice Chair, George Timberlake, Tom Bilyk, Lawrence Stasica, Erica Hughes for Jack Cutrone, Laura Kunard for Chip Coldren, Paula Wolff, Rick Velasquez, Betsy Clarke, Karrie Rueter, Danielle Donovan, Mary Ann Dyer, Michelle Arnold, Jeff Bradley via teleconference and Chip Coldren via teleconference. Quorum was met.
- Approval of Minutes: Paula Wolff put forth the motion to approve the March 16, 2012 meeting minutes; Tom Bilyk seconded the motion, minutes approved.George Timberlake put forth the motion to approve the May 8, 2012 meeting minutes with noted revisions; Erica Hughes seconded the motion, minutes approved.
- Annual Report: Final version including RIOB comments was presented to the board for approval for submission to the Governor and General Assembly. The board decided to include a set of recommendations. The motion was approved with the addition of recommendations. Tom Bilyk motioned and George Timberlake seconded the motion. Motion passed.
- FY12 Funding Update: In a previous meeting (May 8, 2012), the board approved the reallocation of Focused funds in the YNC contract to other Redeploy related Juvenile Justice issues for funding. After hearing from the Chair of the Illinois Juvenile Justice Commission (IJJC), Paula Wolff put forth the motion to identify three RIOB members to participate in next week's IJJC Executive Committee Meeting to provide input into the decision on how those dollars will actually be expended to ensure that those expenses are appropriate for Redeploy related training, technical assistance, support, etc. and other activities. Motion seconded by Rick Velasquez; Anne Studzinsky and George Timberlake abstained. Motion passed.
The board discussed at length how those dollars should be expended; these three members (Betsy Clarke, Anne Studzinsky and Rick Velasquez) will carry the message to the IJJC Executive Committee Meeting. Paula Wolff put forth a motion to approve the suggested recommendations and Rick Velasquez seconded; Anne Studzinsky, George Timberlake and Erica Hughes abstained. Motion passed.
- FY13 Budget Cuts/Funding Decisions: Members discussed the best ways to handle the budget cuts. Karrie Rueter gave an update on the current fiscal situation and offered three suggestions. Paula Wolff put forth a motion to approve Option 1: Maintain sites at level funding, fund the second half of the LaSalle County site and absorb the entire cut from the Redeploy Focused Program. This option will leave, after administrative funds for the program are considered, approximately $65,000 for sub-grants and lend the ability to serve as estimated 10-15 youth through the Focused Program. Rick Velasquez seconded the motion and it passed.
- Redeploy ARRA Grant Update: Budget revision update provided by Karrie Rueter. CPSJ Expansion Analysis not approved yet by ICJIA.
- Cook County and Winnebago County Planning Grants: Motion was put forth by Paula Wolff to recommend provisions to set aside up to $110,000 for a Cook County planning grant and up to $20,000 for a Winnebago County planning grant.Lawrence Stasica seconded the motion. Motion passed.
- All Sites Meeting: All Sites Conference is being held next week, June 19-21, at The Chateau in Bloomington. All are welcome to attend. See Michelle Arnold for specifics.
- St. Clair County Federal Site Visit: George Timberlake gave an update on the success of the Federal Site Visit that took place last month. Federal participants mentioned the possibility of funding a webinar that would benefit the Redeploy sites.
- Legislative Update: Senate Bill 2899 has been hung up in RULES in the Speaker's Office. Paula Wolff suggested that someone from Cook County call the Speaker of the House and request that it be put forward in the legislative process. Paula Wolff and Tom Bilyk will discuss further at the All-Sites Meeting.
- The July 20, 2012 meeting has been canceled. Next Meeting: August 17, 2012 (1:00 - 3:00pm).
- Adjourn: Motion to adjourn at 2:45pm.