Update on April 10, 2012:
Dear Community Provider:
On April 4, 2012, DMH announced the posting of a Request for Information (RFI) from the Department of Human Services (DHS) for the transition of acute care from the Tinley Park Mental Health Center (TPMHC) to the communities that comprise Region 1 South.
This message is to amend the RFI as follows:
- The Due Date for the electronic submission of your proposal has been changed to COB on Friday April 20, 2012 from the original close of business (COB) Monday, April 16, 2012.
- Electronic submissions of your proposals should be sent to email@example.com by COB, Friday, April 20, 2012.
- The exact written submission of your proposal must arrive as directed in the RFI by COB Monday, April 23, 2012 (allows for overnight mailing of submission made on April 20, 2012).
- DHS will sponsor a moderated teleconference to answer questions about the RFI document on Thursday, April 12, 2012 at 3-5 PM. The Dial-in information for the call is as follows:
- Dial-In number: (800) 230-1096
- Access code: Tinley Park Request for Information
- Hosts: Michael Pelletier / Dan Wasmer
- RSVP: Sharon.Lefferts@illinois.gov will be appreciated
- "Responses to Inquires" already received.
Tinley Park Mental Health Center: Community Reinvestment
From general revenue appropriations to the Illinois Department of Human Services ("DHS"), DHS through the Division of Mental Health (DMH) will be purchasing services to affect the re-balancing and transition of acute care from the Tinley Park Mental Health Center (TPMHC) to the community based services in Region 1 South.
DHS is seeking information from eligible providers for enhancing existing contracts and services as well as purchasing services and programs related to the transition of acute care from the Tinley Park Mental Health Center (TPMHC) to community based care for Region 1 South.
Medicaid certified DMH contracted Rule 132 providers and DASA contracted Rule 2060 providers, Community Hospitals all within the Region 1 South or Region 1 Central area.
The exact amount and number of contracts funded will be dependent on the number of proposals selected as related to coverage of the service needs as outlined in the RFI. Deadline for submitting a proposal is April 16, 2012 Close of Business.
Jackie Manker, Associate Director
IDHS Division of Mental Health
319 E Madison, Ste 3B
Springfield, Illinois 62701
We would like to thank your organization in advance for reviewing this Request for Information (RFI)1.
Our community partners and other stakeholders have long constituted the bedrock of the public mental
health services available for residents of Illinois. Illinois Department of Human Services Division of
Mental Health (IDHS/DMH) appreciates your organization's ongoing efforts and values your input into
the further evolution of our service model.
This RFI consists of two major sections. The first provides the context for this request, describing
important background information, locations for obtaining additional background information and the
current needs of IDHS/DMH leading to this RFI. The second section details the information being
For further details regarding the
Tinley Park Mental Health Center: Community Reinvestment Request for Information.
1 This RFI does not constitute any commitment by the State to follow any particular procurement course of action.
The RFI is for informational purposes only and may not necessarily result in an award of a contract or an increase
in funding of an existing contract. The information provided in response to this RFI is considered the property of
the IDHS/DMH and will be kept confidential by the IDHS/DMH to the extent permitted by law. Information that
you provide that you consider to be a trade secret or you consider confidential/proprietary (See section 7(1)(g) of
the Illinois Freedom of Information Act 5 ILCS 140/7) must be claimed as such at the time of submission. In
addition, a detailed written justification explaining why the provided information is a trade secret or is
confidential/proprietary must also be submitted. Please note that the IDHS/DMH cannot reimburse community
service agencies or other entities for any expenses associated with responding to this RFI.