The Department will utilize one (1) of the funding methods outlined below. The Provider's billing and reporting requirements are detailed in the Program Plan.
- Performance Based - Payments made to the Provider are based upon services and rates as specified in the approved Program Plan. Billings, with substantiating documentation, are submitted by the Provider upon completion of service. The Provider must accurately complete and submit billings in a timely manner. The Provider understands that incorrect billings or portions of billings may not be processed in the current monthly cycle and may be returned to the Provider for correction. The Provider may be issued an advance which will be deducted from billings before the end of the contract period.
- Grants - Payment(s) to the Provider that provide services as outlined in the approved Program Plan. Funds may be disbursed prospectively, either monthly or as a one (1) time award. Based upon the provisions in the Program Plan, the grant will be reconciled using a or b below:
- Program spending is reconciled against the approved budget in the Program Plan, based upon reports submitted by the Provider. Any funds left outstanding after the reconciliation are subject to the Grant Funds Recovery Act.
- The Grant amount is reconciled based upon services and rates as specified in the approved Program Plan, using information on services as submitted by the Provider. Any funds left outstanding after the reconciliation are subject to the Grant Funds Recovery Act.
The Provider must submit accurate reports (service or cost as specified by the Department). Grant payments may be suspended if reports are not received in the proper format or timely as specified in the Program Plan.
- Cost Reimbursement - The Department will provide reimbursement of costs for line items specified in the budget. Such costs are negotiated based on projections of services or deliverables. The Department reserves the right to adjust line items based on actual performance after consultation with the Provider. Provider may revise line items with prior approval of the Department.
B. Approved Budget
- The Department is not liable for costs incurred by the Provider that are not contained in the approved program budget. Except as otherwise stated or provided for in the approved Program Plan, no payment for extra charges, supplies or expenses shall be made without prior approval from the Department.
- The Department reserves the right to correct or return to the Provider for correction any documents with mathematical or computational errors in payment subtotals or total contractual obligation.
- After consultation with Provider, Department may increase or decrease the contract at any time during the term, subject to funding availability and/or satisfactory performance of services.
- The Bureau of Refugee and Immigrant Services will facilitate communications between Providers and governmental agencies as might be required for program operations or in regard to individual cases. Such agencies include (but are not limited to): the Office of Refugee Resettlement (DHHS), IDHS Division of Family and Community Services, IDHS Division of Mental Health, Illinois Department of Children and Family Services, Illinois Department of Public Health, Illinois State Board of Education.
- The Bureau will consult with resettlement agencies (volags) on a regular basis to assure appropriate staffing and services are deployed.
- The Bureau will provide or provide for on-going training and technical assistance as might be required by Providers to maintain responsive and effective service delivery. The Department will provide the Provider with training on: Policy and program requirements; billing and vouchering process; participant referral process; use of Department forms; issuance and authorization of supportive services; and, fiscal monitoring process/expectation. Thereafter, the Department will provide the Provider with technical assistance at the Provider's request.