Criteria for Class Membership
The Class is defined as those individuals in one of two sub-classes:
- Adult individuals (18 and above) in Illinois who have mental retardation and/or other developmental disabilities within the meaning of the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Rehabilitation Act, and who qualify for Medicaid Waiver services:
- who reside in private ICFs-DD with nine or more residents.
- for whom the State has a current record reflecting that the individual has requested to receive community-based services or placement in a community-based setting.
- Adult individuals in Illinois who have mental retardation and/or other developmental disabilities within the meaning of the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Rehabilitation Act, and who qualify for Medicaid Waiver services.
- who reside in a Family Home and are in need of Community-Based Services or placement in a Community-Based Setting; and
- for whom the State has a Current Record reflecting that the individual has affirmatively requested to receive Community-Based Services or placement in a Community-Based Setting.
How to be Included in the Class
If you think you are eligible to be a Ligas class member and want to be included, you must contact your Pre-Admission Screening Agency (PAS) and enroll in the Prioritization of Urgency of Need for Services (PUNS) database.
Who to Contact to see if you are a Member
To determine whether you or a person for whom you are guardian is on the current class member list, please contact:
Department of Human Services
Division of Developmental Disabilities
319 E. Madison, Suite 3M
Springfield, IL 62702
Attention: Troy Markert, Manager of Program Development
Phone: (217) 785-6171
This page is not intended as a sole source for information, but only to serve as information for a basic understanding of the Ligas Consent Decree. Please see the Consent Decree (pdf) or Implementation Plan and a detailed explanation of rights and requirements under Ligas.