After eligibility for a child is confirmed and a service authorization is created for all eligible children, the next step is to determine the parent co-payment for the case. To review policy information on Co-Payments, please read the policy manual section 04.02.01.
- In the first section of the page, each eligible month of status displays with blank fields for the Co-Pay Indicator and C-Pay Amount. The Co-Pay Amount is the amount the client must pay the provider each month to share in the cast of child care.
- Click [Assess Co-Pay] to have CCMS automatically determine a Co-Pay amount based on child care policy rules, the family size, and the income information documented for the case.
- CCMS will display suggested co-payment amounts in the Assess Co-Pay pop-up box. CCMS will also suggest if co-payment table A or B should be used for each month of eligibility.
- Confirm the correct co-payment indicator (A or B) displays for each month. If needed, you can edit this field by selecting the Co-Pay Indicator drop-down menu for each month.
- Table A is used for all families for the service months of June, July and August. For the service months of September through May, use Table A for all families not covered by Table B.
- Use Table B only if:
- All of the children in care are school age (age 5 or older as of the month of September each school year), and
- All of the children in care are approved for part-day/school age rate (less than 5 hours per day), and
- The care is provided during the months of September through May.
- Click [Save] to save the co-payment information and amounts.
- Each provider and associated children documented on the Service Authorization page will display in the second section of the page.
- Select the radio button for the provider who should receive the co-payment for each month.
Per the Child Care Policy Manual, the provider that receives the highest reimbursement from IDHS should be assigned the co-payment.
- Underneath each month for the provider selected, the co-pay amount will appear. There is not an option to split the co-payment between two providers.
- Click [Save] to save the co-payment information page.
Results of the Procedure:
The Co-Payment amount is recorded for the case.