When creating a new provider, part of the process is to document the rates for the provider. These rates will default to the Service Authorization page when creating a service authorization for a case.
- Scroll to the Add/Update Location Rates section of the page. After the provider is first created, theAdd/Update Location Rates section is blank. For existing providers, all rates display in the Location Rates History section of the page. Highlight the correct rate record to view the rates in the Add/Update Location Rates section of the page. To update the rates, type over the existing record and click [Save].
- The State Maximum provider rate for each care level displays in the Max field next to each care level and rate. This rate is set by BCCD and cannot be edited.
- Type the provider rates that should be paid to the provider in the Actual field next to the corresponding care level and rate. This amount cannot exceed rate documented in the Max field.
- For provider types 764-767 (Day Care Home Exempt from Licensing, Relative Exempt from Licensing in Relative's Home, Non-relative Exempt from Licensing, Relative Exempt from Licensing in Home of Child), the actual rates will be populated with the maximum state rate amount.
- Click [Save] to save the rates. The record displays in the Location Rates History section of the page.
- CCR&Rs will only be able to update those providers which are associated with them. If the provider is not associated with your organization, you will have inquiry only access.
- BCCD will be the only organization that can update the Special Needs rates.
View Provider Rate History - Process Steps:
- Scroll to the Location Rates History section of the page.
- Each time a rate for the provider is updated, the record displays in the location rate history. You can double-click on the record to view the information about the past provider rates.
- Results display in the Location Rates History section of the page from the past five years.
- Rate Effective Date: This is the date the provider rates became effective and are applied to payments for care.
- Date/Time Created: This is the day and time the Provider Rate was originally created.
- Created By: This is the CCMS user name of the person who created the rate.
- Organization: This is the organization of the user who created the rate.
Delete a Provider Rate - Process Steps:
- Highlight the desired provider rate and click [Delete].
- The provider rate is deleted and will not display in the location rate history section.
- This can only be done on the same date the provider rates were added and by the same user who created the rate record.
Results of the Procedure:
Rates for the provider are viewed or created.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where are the maximum state rates documented? What happens if these are updated and the actual rate on the provider record is more than the State maximum?
- The maximum state rates are documented in CCTS.
- When a rate has been updated, for all cases associated with the provider, if child's rate is equal to provider maximum rate, update rate automatically. If child's rate is less than maximum rate, it will not update.