At any point throughout processing a work item, you can create a work item note. It is a best practice to add work item notes to document decisions and additional information about a work item. All CCMS users have the ability to view notes for a work item. In order to create or view a work item, you first must be in the context of a work time. You are in the context of a Work Item when the Work Item Type and ID display in the purple header.
Search for a Work Item Note - Process Steps:
- Scroll to the Work Item Notes Search section of the page.
- Best Practice: Before adding a new Work Item Note, it is helpful to conduct a work item note search to determine if the note was previously created.
- Select a Work Item Type from the drop-down list. Refer to the Work Item Job Aid for further information on the selection of Work Items.
- From Date: Type the begin date for the Work Item Note Search in the following format: MM/DD/YYYY.
- To Date: Type the end date for the Work Item Note Search in the following format: MM/DD/YYYY.
- As with all date fields in CCMS, you can click the icon to view a date calendar. You can click on a date in the calendar and it will populate in the CCMS date field.
- Click [Search] to search for the Work Item. You can also click [Reset] to clear the search fields and begin a new search.
- Results display in the Work Item Notes History section of the page.
- Type: The Work Item Type category the note has been created for.
- Date Created/Updated: This is the day and time the Work Item Note was originally created.
- Created/Updated By: This is the CCMS user name of the person who created the Work Item Note.
- CCR&R/Site: This is the organization of the user who created the Work Item Note.
- Double-Click on the Work Item Note to view the text of the note in the Add/Update Work Item Note section of the page.
- You can click [PDF] to generate an Adobe PDF file which includes all Work Item notes based on the search criteria. If no search criteria are selected, the PDF include all notes for the Work Item. The PDF lists the same categories as the Work Item Notes History.
Create a Work Item Note - Process Steps:
- Scroll to the Add/Update Work Item Note section of the page.
- Select a Work Item Note Type from the drop-down list.
- Select the Source of the Work Item Note from the drop-down list.
- In the Note text box, type the Work Item Note. This text box has a 1000 character limit.
- Click [Save] to save the note to the Work Item record. You can also click [Cancel] to reset all fields.
- Once saved, the new work item note displays in the Work Item Notes History section of the page.
Delete a Work Item Note:
- Conduct a Work Item Note Search.
- Highlight the desired Work Item and click [Delete].
- The note is deleted and will not display in future Work Item Note searches.
Results of the Procedure:
A Work Item Note is created, viewed, deleted, or updated.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are Work Item notes related to general case notes?
- No, Work Item notes and case notes are two separate categories and are not viewed on the same page. Case Notes can be viewed on the Case - Case Notes page, and Work Item notes are viewed on the Work Item - Work Item Notes page.