Each CCMS user is assigned a security role, and each security role can view or update certain CCMS pages that are needed to complete tasks. A BCCD Security Administrator can change the security permission for a security role.
Example: It is determined that users with the "CCAP Manager" security role should have permission to update a CCMS page. A BCCD Security can search for that security role, and select the 'Update' right to give this role permission to update the page.
Search for a Security Role - Process Steps:
- Scroll to the Roles Search section of the page.
- Select desired role from the Roles drop-down menu.
- Click [Search].
- The access rights for the selected role display in the Access Rights section of the page.
- In the Access Rights section of the page, all of the CCMS pages are listed in the "Security Element" column. In the Access Rights column, a radio button displays next to the View, Update, or None column. Below are descriptions of the security permissions:
||The user can view the CCMS page, but cannot update the page. The CCMS "Inquiry-Only" security role can view but not edit most CCMS pages.
||The user can view and edit the CCMS page.
||The user cannot view the CCMS page, and the page does not appear.
5. Review the security access permissions.
Update Security Role - Process Steps:
- In the Security Element column, identify CCMS page you would like to edit for the security role.
- In the Access Rights column, select the radio button under the new security permission: View, Update, or None header.
- Click [Save] to save changes or [Cancel] to cancel the action.
- User should log out and log back in to CCMS to see updated security role permissions.
Results of the Procedure:
The CCMS security role has updated permissions to view or update a CCMS page.