Use this wizard to create a new CCMS Broadcast Message. Only CCMS Super Users have the ability to create a Broadcast Message. A CCMS Broadcast Message is a text message (must be 500 characters or less) which is broadcast to all users logged into CCMS. A CCMS Broadcast Message displays on the Dashboard homepage, which is the first page you view when logging into CCMS.
- Scroll to the Compose Message section of the page.
- In the Compose Message text box, type your message. As you are typing, your message will display in the Message Preview section of the page. The purpose of the Message Preview section is to display the message as it would appear on the Dashboard Homepage after creation. The current date, and your CCMS User ID display in the Message Preview section.
- Remember! Your message will be viewed by every CCMS user, including users outside your organization. This message box does not include spell-check, so review your message carefully before saving.
- The text for the previous broadcast message which you are overriding may display in the Compose Message text box. Type over this text to create a new message.
- Click [Send].
- You can also click [Reset] to cancel the draft message and reset the page to its original settings. This will delete all text from the Compose Message text box.
- A pop-up box displays with the following message: "Message has been saved for broadcast".
- This message confirms the message has been saved.
- Click [OK] to continue.
- The Broadcast Message displays on the Dashboard homepage of every CCMS user on the Message Center section of the page. The Broadcast Message will include the user name of the user who created the Broadcast Message and the date the message was created:
- Broadcast Message format: MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS
Message from "User Name": Message Text
- Example: "3/06/2012 20:59:35 Message from Joe Smith: Welcome Everyone to the Child Care Management System!"
You cannot edit an existing Broadcast Message. Instead navigate to the Manage Broadcast page and create a new Broadcast Message.
Results of the Procedure:
The desired CCMS Broadcast Message displays on the Dashboard homepage of all CCMS users.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do you display NO Broadcast Message on the Dashboard page?
- The Compose Message text box cannot be left empty. Therefore, to display no broadcast message, put a space in the Compose Message text box. Then click [Send]. The Manage Broadcast page will accept this as a valid message. CCMS users will see no message on their Dashboard homepage.
- Can I copy a message from Microsoft Word with a spell check feature and paste into CCMS Message Preview?
- Absolutely! You can paste text into the Preview text box.
- Will all messages be displayed for one day if there are more than one message for the day?
- Only one message will ever display in the Message Center section of the Dashboard page at one time. Each time an approved user adds a new message, it replaces the old message.
- How long will a Broadcast Message display in the Message Center section of the Dashboard page?
- The Broadcast Message will display in the Message Center section of the Dashboard page for all CCMS users until a new message is saved on the Manage Broadcast page.