Use this wizard to document Education and Training Information for members of the case. This information is often documented on the Child Care Application, Redetermination, or Change of Information forms or other documentation submitted by the client. Key case information includes the school schedules of the parent, travel time, and current Grade Point Average (GPA). The School Information page is required if the reason for Child Care (documented on the Case Information page), is Training/Education, Employment/Training/Education, or Non-TANF Training/Education.
Be sure to record the cumulative Grade Point Average in the GPA field. Refer to the Process a New Child Care Application in CCMS to view steps to process a new Child Care application. For school policy information, refer to Policy 01.03.03.
If school records for additional family members that are not requesting child care will be documented on this page, record their information first. Use the View or Update Family Information wizard to assist you.
- On the School Information page, there are two sub-tabs. Click the "School 1" sub-tab to document the first job record for the case. To add additional school records, click the "Add School" sub-tab to add another education/training record. Repeat this step until all records are documented.
- All case members documented on the Parent/Guardian Information page display in the Parent/Guardian Name drop-down list. Select the correct parent to associate to the new school record.
- Select the correct type of education or training from the Type of Education/Training drop-down list.
- You can click on the Verification Calls hyperlink to navigate to the Verification page to view verification phone calls made to the client, employer, school, IDHS or other contacts.
- Complete the following fields:
- Highest Level of Education: Type the highest level of education achieved by this individual.
- Type of Degree: Type the degree the client is pursuing. The character limit is 30.
- School Name/Training Program: Type the name of the school or training program the parent is attending. The character limit is 30.
- GPA: Select the correct Grade Point Average from the drop-down list.
- Telephone: Type the telephone number of the school or training program
- Address, City, State, and Zip: Type the address of the school or training program
- Term Start Date: Enter the start date of the client's school term
- Term End Date: Enter the end date of the client's school term
- As with all date fields in CCMS, you can click the icon to view a date calendar. You can click on a date in the calendar and it will populate in the CCMS date field.
- Do you use public transportation: Select the checkbox next to Yes or No to record if the individual use's public transportation.
- Travel time from child care provider to school: Type the time it takes to travel from the client's child care provider to school (one-way) in hours and minutes.
- Scroll to the School Schedule section of the page.
- If two parents are documented on the case, you can click [Other Parent] to view the schedule of the other parent. A pop-up appears with the other parent's school schedule, and is informational only.
- The client's school schedule is documented on the Child Care Application, Redetermination, or Change of Information form. Document the client's weekly school schedule:
- In the From section, document the time the client begins education or training each day and select AM or PM.
- In the To section, document the time the client ends education or training each day and select AM or PM.
- Click one of the following buttons:
- Click [Next] to save the information and CCMS will display the Schedule Tool page.
- Click [Save] to save the information on the page. You can navigate to the next desired page using the Left Navigation menu.
- Click [Previous] to save the information on the page. CCMS will navigate you to the previously viewed page.
- Click [Reset] to reset all the fields on the page. This will not save any information.
Results of the Procedure:
The training or education record on the School Information page is documented and saved.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I end a School Information record?
- To end a school information record, document a term end date in the Term End Date field.
- How do I create a new School Information record?
- To create a new school information record, click the "Add School" tab and record the school information.
- If I type over information on a current record, what happens to the old information?
- When you type over information on a school record tab, this information is overwritten and not saved.