Client Developmental Disabilites (DD) Information
- The above screen will display if Developmental Disability (DD) is selected on the Client Information Selection screen.
- Enter all information on this screen as you know it
- When in doubt as to what to enter, use the F1 key on your keyboard for Help
- Using F1 key will provide some explanation. More information can be found in the ROCS User Manual on pages 31-38.
- Once all information is completed, use the PROCESS button to save your input.
- PROCESS at this point does not mean that the information has been sent to DHS for processing and approval. You will still need to create a Client Information File and Transmit the file to DHS for processing here.
Registration Date - Mandatory
- This date needs to be at least one day prior to the 1st date of service that your agency provided for this client.
- If this client has been your agency for a very long time, the date must be after 7/1/1994.
- Select and enter only those diagnoses having the most significant clinical impact on the treatment of the client; that is, the medical condition most important to the overall understanding or treatment of the client.
- A full description of diagnosis codes to be used can be found on page 5-34 of the ROCS User Manual.
- New Clients with registration dates AFTER 9/30/2015; only ICD-10 diagnosis codes are required. ICD-9 diagnosis codes are no longer allowed for these clients.
- Existing Clients with registration dated BEFORE 10/1/2015 can still have ICD-9 codes. Any updates to these existing client's DD Information will require that their diagnosis information be updated to current requirements.
- All codes are left justified, have no decimals and are between 3 to 8 characters in length.
- Diagnosis Code Type indicators are required for each diagnosis code entered.
- Diagnosis Code Type for ICD-9 is 9
- Diagnosis Code Type for ICD-10 is A
- When entering ICD-10 diagnosis codes, a minimum of one approved ICD-10 code is required.
- A copy of the ICD-10 Replacement Codes can be found at the following link: ICD-10 Replacement Codes
- Duplicate diagnoses may not be entered
- Codes for Deferred Diagnosis (V7109) and No Diagnosis (7999) is no longer allowed.
- It is recommended that Diagnosis codes be entered in sequential order.