Training of Registered Professional Nurses in medication administration by unlicensed staff. Training provided by DDD staff. Reimbursement is for wages while attending the course.
To Be Eligible for Payment Consideration
- DDD does not reimburse staff training reimbursement requests for individuals in advance. The Staff Training Reimbursement Request, either initial submission or resubmission, can be processed if received over the 12-month time frame, and for those Staff Training Reimbursement Requests received after the lapse time period following the end of the fiscal year with training end dates of July 1, 2009 and after. This alleviates community providers submitting billings through the Court of Claims. DDD is able to continue this process, as long as no changes are made to the language of the State Finance Act (30 ILCS 105/1) and the Department's appropriation that allows for this practice.
- The entire training must be billed at one time. Partial hours, if submitted, will be reimbursed but no additional hours will be accepted for this individual.
- Reimbursement is available for an individual only once for this training type no matter where the individual completed the training.
- The DDD will verify that an individual successfully completed a Department instructed training course for Medication Administration Train-the-Trainer before possible reimbursement can occur. Please be sure to sign attendance sheets for this Department instructed course.
- The TABE is not reimbursed with this training type. Please leave blank or indicate "NA" on the Staff Training Reimbursement Request.