Illinois Rescue and Restore Outreach Day Team and Volunteer Protocol
Thank you for volunteering your time to help stop human trafficking.
The goal of Illinois Rescue and Restore Outreach Day is to raise awareness on the issue of human trafficking, as well as to promote the National Human Trafficking Resource Center Hotline number.
- Team leaders should review this protocol with each of their team members prior to canvassing their communities.
- Participants should always travel in groups of two or more.
- Only volunteers 21 and older should engage with venues that serve alcohol (i.e.: clubs, bars, etc.).
- At the end of Outreach Day, leaders should use the sign up sheet information to communicate with their team members and monitor their progress. Leaders should note how many posters were distributed by each individual. We are requesting these numbers by the following Monday, April 30th You may fax or email them to us (Fax: (312) 793-2351 Attn: Caronina Grimble, or email dhs.IllinoisRescueandRestore@Illinois.gov).
- Volunteers can wear a uniform color of shirt on Outreach Day. By doing this, neighborhoods can identify Outreach participants as unified, uniform groups.
- For teams meeting the morning of the event, teams could arrange to meet at a local coffee shop. Prior to the event, team leaders could solicit sponsorship from them; restaurants often support volunteer efforts by providing free coffee and/or light snacks. Have breakfast and hang your first poster! Teams could do the same after the outreach.
- Awareness on the issue of human trafficking must continue beyond Outreach Day. Any posters that are not displayed on April 23rd can be distributed at a later date to locations that coincide with this protocol.