Note: this course is not being offered until further notice.
Nurse-Trainer Curriculum Manual
This manual is for the exclusive use of professional nurses trained by DHS as Nurse-Trainers, and is the official source of materials and information for training unlicensed staff to administer oral and topical medications in programs defined by Administrative Rule 116: Administration of Medication in Community Settings. Any other use is prohibited.
Note: you will need Adobe Reader version 7.0 or higher to allow you to open the documents. Please visit Get Adobe.Com to get a free download.
Section 1 - Evaluation Application
Section 2 - Administrative Rule 116
Section 3 - Memos and Letters
Section 4 - Nursing Assessment
Section 5 Presenter's Guide
Section 6 - Appendix A Teaching Materials
Section 7 - Appendix B Body Systems
Section 8 - Appendix C Administration of Medication Check Lists
Section 9 - Appendix D Overheads
Section 10 - Appendix E Testing Materials
Section 11 - Appendix F Suggested Documentation
- Print All Section 11 Pages - 5 pages
- Print Individual Section 11 Pages:
Section 12 - Completion of Nursing Services Packet (NSP)
Section 13 - DHS Nurse-Trainer Program Computer-Based Post-Test
- As of January 2012, a DHS Nurse-Trainer Training Program computer-based post test has been added. This will enhance the competency asessment of newly enrolled nurse-trainers and before becoming a nurse-trainer.
- Upon completion of the DHS Nurse-Trainer Program training, candidates must take the computer-based test within 10 business days via myNetLearning. Please see: Instructions for Taking the Nurse-Trainer Program Post-Test (pdf)
- If you do not complete the Nurse-Trainer test with at least 90%, you may retake the test. If you do not complete the Nurse-Trainer test the second time with at least 90%, you must retake the Nurse-Trainer class before retaking the Nurse-Trainer test.
Division of Developmental Disabilities:
Joe Turner at (815) 584-3347, extension 247 or email: Joseph.Turner@Illinois.gov
Jayma Bernhard Page at (217) 785-6172 or e-mail email@example.com.