Participation in the Microsoft Home Use Program is not a benefit of State of Illinois employment. Only agencies enrolled in the State's MSEA program and with active Software Assurance coverage for qualified desktop applications products are eligible to participate in the Home Use Program. Further only those agency employees who utilize a licensed copy of the software at work are eligible to purchase from the Home Use Program.
The Home Use Program is not an employee purchase program. Product licenses received via the Home Use Program do not become the property of the buyer. The buyer is simply buying usage rights to the corresponding software. Under the Home Use Program, an employee's usage rights* are tied to continued employment with the participating Agency, and end with:
- termination of employment,
- termination or expiration of Software Assurance for the copy of the corresponding desktop application the employee uses at work,
- the employee no longer utilizing a licensed copy of the software at work, or
- the employee's installation and use of any prior or later version of that desktop application pursuant to a Home Use Program license.
* Note that usage rights are only extended to the employee; not other household members.
Under the Home Use Program, agency employees, who are users of the licensed qualifying applications, may acquire a single license of the corresponding Home Use Program software, to be installed on one home computer.
Agencies' and their employees' eligibility to participate in the Home Use Program ends with the expiration or termination of Software Assurance coverage on qualifying desktop applications. Microsoft may terminate an agency's participation in the Home Use Program, immediately and without notice, in connection with unauthorized access to or licensing through the Home Use Program website in connection with that agency's program code.
Upon termination of an agency's program eligibility or an employee's program eligibility, any software purchased via the Home Use Program and installed on home computers must be removed from the home computer.
To access the MS Home Use Program web site, please follow the steps below:
- Go to http://www.microsofthup.com
- Select the country for viewing the appropriate regional order web site.
- Enter your corporate email address (email@example.com) and insert the following program code 5921940C87. Note: This program code is assigned to our organization for our sole use in accessing this site. You may not share this number with anyone outside our organization.
- You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to the Microsoft Home Use Program order web site.
- From the web site you will be able to select one of the following products: Office Enterprise 2013 or Office MAC.
- Follow the instructions provided to navigate and complete the screens (Order, Shipping & Handling, and Billing Information, etc.)