Code of Conduct Policy Number and Last Update
Employees, consultants, and volunteers of the Illinois Department of Human Services Migrant & Seasonal Head Start Project, and any of its delegate agencies shall abide by the following code of conduct:
- To respect and promote the unique identity of each child and family and refrain from stereotyping on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, culture, religion, or disability;
- To follow program confidentiality policies concerning information about children, families, and other staff members;
- To never leave any child under their care alone or unsupervised;
- To follow the IMSHS child guidance procedures, which prohibit the use of corporal punishment, emotional or physical abuse or humiliation, the use of food as a reward or punishment, or the denial of basic needs;
- To refrain from soliciting or accepting personal gratuities, favors, or anything of significant monetary value from clients, contractors, or potential contractors.
This code does not constitute an exhaustive list of expectations of employees' behavior. Failure to observe this code of conduct may lead to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment. If employment is terminated by the agency, the employee will not be eligible for re-hire, except under unusual circumstances, with the approval of the Policy Committee or Council, and the Board of Directors.
I have read and agree to abide by the Illinois Migrant & Seasonal Head Start Code of Conduct.
Signature & Date area