This release provides policy for the increase in the SNAP Utility Standards effective 09/10. As a result of our annual review of state utility standards, Food & Nutrition Services (FNS) has approved an increase as follows:
- Air Conditioning/Heating Standard to $324
- Limited Utility Standard is increased to $199
- The Single Utility Standard is increased to $43
- ACM and AIS calculations will reflect the increased utility standard amounts for 09/10 SNAP issuances.
- System changes to the SNAP Web Calculator and the expedited questions in AIS are effective 09/01/10.
- The Program Standards chart in WAG 25-03-02 is revised with the new utility standard amounts.
- The Telephone Standard remains at $29.