You must have one of the following licenses to provide this service:

  • Licensed Clinical Psychologist
  • Licensed Clinical Social Worker
  • Licensed Social Worker
  • Licensed Marriage or Family Therapist
  • Licensed Clinical Professional
  • Counselor Licensed Professional
  • Counselor

How Do I Become A Provider?

  1. You must complete the enrollment process in one of two ways: 

    • Independent Provider - Directly Reimbursed 

      If you are a professional who is an independent provider who will bill Department of Human Services (DHS) directly as the provider/vendor, and you will be paid directly by DHS under your own Social Security Number.

    • Professional - Reimbursed By Other Means 

      If you are a professional who works for an agency, is part of a group practice, limited liability corporation (LLC), or will have another entity or agency acting as a billing agent and the billing agent will be reimbursed by DHS for your services, you must follow the directions for identifying the other agent.

  2. You must submit a copy of your current license from Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulation.

Important Resources for Program Requirements