You must have one of the following licenses to provide this service:
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Licensed Social Worker
- Licensed Marriage or Family Therapist
- Licensed Clinical Professional
- Counselor Licensed Professional
- You must complete the enrollment process in one of two ways:
If you are a professional who is an independent provider who will bill Department of Human Services (DHS) directly as the provider/vendor, and you will be paid directly by DHS under your own Social Security Number.
If you are a professional who works for an agency, is part of a group practice, limited liability corporation (LLC), or will have another entity or agency acting as a billing agent and the billing agent will be reimbursed by DHS for your services, you must follow the directions for identifying the other agent.
- You must submit a copy of your current license from Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulation.