The Second Judicial Circuit comprises 12 rural counties in southeastern Illinois: Crawford, Edwards, Franklin, Gallatin, Hamilton, Hardin, Jefferson, Lawrence, Richland, Wabash, Wayne and White. The goal of the 2nd Judicial Circuit Redeploy Illinois program is to utilize individualized and evidence-based practices to address the needs of medium- and high-risk juvenile offenders. The five major service options supported by the 2nd Judicial Circuit's Redeploy Illinois program include:
- Aggression Replacement Training (ART)
- Functional Family Therapy (FFT)
- Global Positioning System (GPS) monitoring
- Multi-Systemic Therapy (MST)
- Psychological and psychiatric evaluation.
The expected outcomes of these services, which are provided by probation department staff and community-based service providers, are increased public safety and enhanced alternatives for positive change for youth who are involved in the juvenile justice system.