Use the following criteria to determine whether to approve a hardship waiver for a person with over $536,000 equity in a home. LTC-ADI will consider:
- the amount of time the person has resided in and owned the home;
- whether a substantial increase in property values occurred in the home's geographic area after the person purchased the home;
- whether the home comprises a substantial portion of the person's resources;
- whether the person intends to return to the home;
- whether the home can be sold if the person does not intend to return; or, if the home cannot be sold, whether it can produce income commensurate with similar income-producing properties in the geographic area;
- whether credible and convincing evidence is presented that the person has taken all equitable and legal means to access the equity value;
- whether the denial of assistance would force the person to move, or prevent the person from joining his or her spouse in a facility, or from entering a facility in close proximity to family.