What is it?

Adult Waiver participants are eligible for additional occupational, physical and speech therapy services of a habilitative - not a restorative - nature.  These services require prior approval.  Each of the therapies must be recommended, in writing, by the individual service planning team.  The team must document the individual's specific therapy needs and services to be provided by a licensed professional.  These therapies should be long-term, working with the individual, family members, support workers and others, not short-term, acute restorative needs.

Important:  Individual Professionals ONLY may enroll to provide these services.  Agencies cannot enroll as a provider of these services, but may be the billing agent for the individual professional. 

How Do I Become A Provider?

  1. A Professional who is Reimbursed Directly as an Independent Provider

    If you are a professional who is an independent provider who will bill Department of Human Services (DHS) directly as the provider/vendor, and you will be paid directly by DHS under your own Social Security Number.

  2. A Professional who is Reimbursed Via Other Means

    If you are a professional who works for an agency, is part of a group practice, limited liability corporation (LLC), or will have another entity or agency acting as a billing agent and the billing agent will be reimbursed by DHS for your services, you must follow the directions for identifying the other agent.

Important Resources for Program Requirements