What is it?
HBS Service Facilitation is available through the Home-Based Support Services (HBS) in the Adult DD Waiver and in the Children's Support Waiver. Service Facilitation includes case management services to assist individuals and families in gaining access to needed Waiver and other Medicaid State Plan services, medical, social, educational and other services. Service Facilitators are responsible for the day-to-day oversight and administration of the service plan and for ensuring the health, safety and welfare of the individual.
Note: Regarding the Enrollment Forms
How Do I Become A Provider?
You Must Be in Compliance With:
- Department of Human Services (DHS) contractual requirements. You cannot also provide Individual Service and Support Advocacy (ISSA) services.
- Rule 50 and Rule 51.
- Before serving individuals as a Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional (QIDP), staff must first submit QIDP Job & Educational Requirements Checklist A for approval by the Division of Developmental Disabilities and to add the person to the state QIDP database. Submit to:
Department of Human Services
Division of Developmental Disabilities
Bureau of Quality Management
319 E. Madison Street, Suite 4J
Springfield, IL 62701
Attention: QIDP Credential Review
- You must have staff that meet QIDP Qualification Review and Training Requirements
- You must submit the following documents to your Region Facilitator:
These agencies educate, refer, and link persons with developmental disabilities to services.
Upon meeting the specified requirements above, a Community Service Agreement and Attachment A will be sent to you, containing your specific agency information.
NOTE: A contract is not final until it is signed by the DHS Secretary.
You Must Submit QIDP Training Programs for Approval
- With an approved contract, you must submit your QIDP training program to: Illinois Department of Human Services Division of Developmental Disabilities, Bureau of Quality Management, 319 E. Madison, Suite 4J Springfield, IL 62701 Attention: QIDP Training Programs.
- Link to QIDP Training Program Approval Process