This three part series is delivered as on-line training by the Illinois Department of Human Services, Office of Grants Administration for no cost.
Enrollees will learn how to find, write and submit proposals for federal, state, local, non-governmental, and private sector grants. If you want to learn the essentials of writing and acquiring grants, this three part series will help your agency.
Who Should Attend?
For no cost, the Illinois Department of Human Services, Office of Grants Administration provides grant writing training to not for profit agencies, and government agencies.
Registration is now open for 2017 classes.
How to Register
Complete registration form
Training Dates and Times
Enrollees will be notified of their training dates and time. There are three parts to each class. Each part is for one hour and thirty minutes. Instructions on how to enter the virtual classroom are sent to each enrollee prior to each class along with the training materials. If technical assistance is required, enrollees are given instructions on whom to contact. No costs are incurred because students can participate at the work site by simply logging onto a computer and entering the virtual classroom.
You will need a PC with the following minimum technical requirements:
- Operating System: Windows XP or Windows 7
- Software: Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- Internet Connection
Upon completion of the entire 3 part series, staff will:
- know how to research and find available grants;
- have tools that will help them with the planning and organizing required prior to the actual writing of a grant application;
- understand the fundamental elements of a grant proposal; and,
- learn how to prepare the narrative portion of the grant application including: 1) problem statement, 2) goals and objectives, 3) program design/methodology, 4) logic model, 5) staffing and management plan, 6) organizational capacity, 7) evaluation plan, 8) budget, 9) sustainability plan, 10) abstract, and 11) supplemental documents.
The registration form addresses special accommodations. If they are required, every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate the needs. It is imperative to immediately notify Denise.Eligan@illinois.gov if special accommodations are needed.
Please contact Denise Eligan, Bureau Chief, IDHS Office of Grants Administration at (312) 793-3599 or email at Denise.Eligan@illinois.gov.