Current Status: Issued
Original Issue Date: 12/17/01
Reviewed: 12/02, 12/03, 12/04, 12/05, 12/06, 12/07, 12/09
Next Review Date: 12/17/2009
Document Number: TR VO 02 VO1
It is the policy of Kankakee County Teen REACH Programs that volunteers whose duties require contact with children on a regularly scheduled basis, shall meet the same personnel qualifications required of other staff.
Volunteers are defined as adults 18 years of age or older whose talents and time are given to the program but do not receive an hourly rate or salary.
- Each volunteer will have an individual file containing the following information:
- A basic job description.
- Sign-in and sign-out sheets.
- Signed and completed orientation to the Teen REACH program.
- A background check that includes a criminal background check and a DCFS CANTS report.
- Volunteers used to replace or supplement staff, shall comply with the background check requirements.
- Volunteers may serve in any capacity for which they are qualified.
- Volunteers will meet at least once per month with the Teen REACH program director or immediate supervisor for supervising purposes.
- When a volunteer fills a required staff position, the volunteer shall meet all standards that apply to an employed person in that position.