Current Status: Issued
Original Issue Date: 08/01/02
Reviewed: 08/01/03, 08/01/04, 08/01/05, 08/01/2006, 08/01/07, 08/01/09
Next Review Date: 08/01/2010
Document Number: TR SC 02-VO1
Good communication is essential in any organization. It is the policy of the Iroquois-Kankakee ROE that all staff have the opportunity to the exchange of information and to be encouraged to be involved in frank and honest communication with the objective of improving outcomes of the Teen REACH youth and of the environment of the Teen REACH program in general.
The purpose of the Communication Policy is to:
- provide a framework for effective communication
- raise awareness of the importance of effective communication within the after school context
- promote understanding between and co-operative team work of participants
- encourage active participation of staff in communication
- streamline communication by encouraging the use of direct and appropriate channels
- facilitate effective communication while recognizing the limitations of time and resources
The specific outcomes will be that:
- staff feel that they communicate effectively for the benefit of the youth
- information is accessible
- information is received and understood by those for whom it is intended
- an appropriate response occurs
- there is an adequate understanding of the Teen REACH programs.
- Both structured and unstructured opportunities for face to face verbal communication will be provided and are an important feature of the program.
Unstructured opportunities may include one-on-one verbal communication related to specific issues concerning individual youth or program administration.
- Staff communication opportunities will utilize staff meetings, e-mail, memos, Program logs and other opportunities identified by the staff.