Current Status: Issued
Original Issue Date: 08/01/02
Reviewed: 08/01/03, 08/01/04, 08/01/05, 08/01/2006, 08/01/07, 08/01/09
Next Review Date: 08/01/2010
Document Number: TR FC 02-VO1
The I-KAN ROE Teen REACH strives to maintain positive and open communication between all parties involved in the program. Families will be made aware of appropriate communication avenues and procedures. Staff are required to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Staff will create a comfortable and supportive environment for families and strive for open and good relations with parents/guardians.
- Enrollment forms request information about medical history, and parental authority for collection, photography and observation in the program.
- Staff will be available for parent enquiries, feedback or information when children are brought to or picked up from the program.
- Parents are also given the opportunity to communicate with staff via phone, e-mail and parent meetings.
- Parent information on Teen REACH policy and procedures are provided in parent handbooks, at the time of enrollment and/or pre-enrollment interview with the Program Coordinator.
- The program will also communicate to the families through phone calls, letters, newsletters, and parent meetings.
- Feedback from families will be discussed in staff meetings and staff will identify appropriate actions in response to family needs.
- Complaints can be made to the Coordinator or Director (see Complaints/ Grievance TR CG 02-VO1)