Administrative renewals only apply to children on Family Assist, All Kids Assist, Share and Premium Level 1 cases. Families are asked to review the REDE form that is sent to them. Information from the Client Database appears on the form as appropriate.
The type of information that may appear on the REDE form includes the following:
- Names and dates of birth for all active children;
- The number of persons included in the standard (from Item 80 Code 158 or 177);
- Name of child who is pregnant and her Expected Date of Delivery;
- Names of all active children who have a Third Party Liability (TPL) code;
- The total of all income listed in Item 90 that is counted for Family Health Plans;
- On Premium cases only, a special message is included to remind the family that to stop the monthly billing, they must contact their caseworker to request cancellation; and
- On Share and Premium cases, a special message is included to remind the family to contact their caseworker if they wish to switch to Rebate.
If the family does not have changes to report, they do not have to return the REDE form to continue receiving medical benefits for children. If there are changes, the client is required to complete the form, submit proof of income and return the form by the due date. Or, the family may report changes over the phone. Changes in spousal or child support paid must also be verified.
Adults who wish to continue receiving medical benefits must complete and return the renewal form. Although the renewal can be completed over the phone, income and the amount of spousal or child support paid must be verified. Adults who do not respond to the renewal form will lose their medical benefits.
Families are only required to send in proof of one payment for each source of income or support deduction. Accept the family's statement for monthly child care expenses.
Cases Excluded from Administrative Renewal
Cases excluded from the administrative renewal process are listed below. These cases require manual processing of renewals.
- Cases with SNAP benefits;
- Adult(s) only cases;
- Medical extension cases (Item 25 contains X);
- Rebate cases;
- Unmet Spenddown cases;
- Assist cases with income listed in Item 80 of Form 552 that exceeds 133% of the FPL for the family size;
- All Kids Premium cases with income listed in Item 80 that exceeds 200% of the FPL for the family size; and
- Cases that do not contain an Item 80 code 188 PPR.