Kroger Company Foundation
Program web site
Sponsor Kroger Company Foundation
Applications accepted on an ongoing basis
To enhance the quality of life in communities with a concentration of Kroger customers and employees. Summary of eligible grant requests:
- Local United Way campaigns
- Local educational organizations, primarily K-12 schools
- Local hunger relief organizations
- Local breast cancer and women's health initiatives
- Local organizations that support and promote the advancement of women and minorities
- Local grassroots community organizations
- Capital campaigns; start up grants; and funding for special projects
The Foundation exists for the betterment of the people and communities where The Kroger Co. has operations. Therefore, only organizations that serve the geographic areas where our Company operates are eligible. The Foundation will consider only
proposals from nonprofit organizations. Support will be provided only to programs that address a clearly identified need in the community and do so with clearly defined goals and objectives. Organizations should reflect a strong base of community
Nationwide, only in areas of company operations.
Amount of funding The Kroger Co. contributed $142 million to local communities and non-profit organizations in 2005.
Proposals may be submitted at any time through the operating Divisions of the company. The Foundation has no research staff and relies exclusively on the management of Kroger operating units to make recommendations on the most appropriate and
effective use of Foundation resources in the communities they serve. Proposals must include an IRS tax-exempt determination letter and should include a statement of the reason for the request.
For more information contact:
The Kroger Co. Foundation
1014 Vine Street
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
(513) 762-4449, ext. 3