Web sites and web applications that meet the IITAA Standards for Web-Based Information and Applications are eligible to receive "IITAA Certification." Certified sites will be listed in the IITAA Certified List on this site and may display the "IITAA Accessible" certification logo.
To receive IITAA Certification, a web site must pass two tests:
- All pages that can be tested with the UIUC Functional Accessibility Evaluator (FAE) must pass without receiving any "Fail" results. ("Warn" results should also be addressed if possible. Secure sites, intranets, and other sites that cannot be tested with FAE are exempt from this requirement.)
- A representative sample of pages must pass manual evaluation by the DHS Information Accessibility Unit.
To request IITAA Certification, please perform the following steps:
- Review the representative pages using the Web Accessibility Quick Test Checklist (www.dhs.state.il.us/iitaa/webaccessibilityquicktestchecklist.html) and correct any errors.
- Register for a free account with the Functional Accessibility Evaluator (fae.cita.uiuc.edu). Test your site with the "Depth of Evaluation" set to "Include third-level pages."
- Correct all "Fail" results and as many "Warn" results as possible.
- Identify a representative sample of pages from your site for manual testing. The sample should include at least the home page, main section pages, and examples of the different types of pages on the site, including pages with forms, tables, PDF documents, etc., up to 30 pages total.
- Submit an IITAA Certification Request (www.dhs.state.il.us/iitaa/certification/request).
IITAA Certified List
Once your site is certified, it will be listed on the IITAA Certified List on this site. The list will include:
- The site name.
- The date that the site was certified.
- Addresses of pages that were tested.
- Links to archived copies of each page tested.
Only sites that pass certification testing will be listed; there will be no indication of sites that were tested but did not pass. Site owners may also request that their certified site not be listed.
"IITAA Accessible" Logo
Sites that pass certification testing and are listed in the IITAA Certified List may display the "IITAA Accessible" certification logo:
The logo must link to the site's entry in the IITAA Certified List. The image file and HTML code for the link will be provided when your site is certified.
If you have questions, comments, or suggestions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.