- State funds may be distributed statewide, including within communities that receive either CDBG or NSP grants.
- Funding be accomplished jointly among state and local governments in a variety of ways
- State may carry out NSP activities directly including procuring contractors, private developers, providing loans and grants to not-for-profits and local housing agencies.
Methodology for Needs Assessment
HERA calls for allocating funds based on the greatest need. In determining subgrant amounts, HUD urges States to use factors based on-
- The number and percentage of home foreclosures in each State or unit of general local government;
- The number and percentage of homes financed by a subprime mortgage related loan in each State or unit of general local government; and
- The number and percentage of homes in default or delinquency in each State or unit of general local government.