The Technician Selection Program (TSP) is a program within BRS that focuses on the recruitment and selection of Mental Health Technician Trainees within the various IDHS facilities throughout the State of Illinois.
Mental Health Technician Trainee (MHTT)
- Candidates must be a high school graduate or possess a Graduate Equivalency Degree (GED). No previous training or experience is required. You may also review the MHTT Complete Job Specifications (pdf) for additional information on the duties of this position.
MHTT Application Process
- To apply for Mental Heath Technician Trainee (MHTT), you must apply directly through IDHS. CMS does not administer testing for this title.
- If you are interested in applying, complete the MHTT Invitation Form or the Formulario de Invitacion de TSME and return it to a TSP Recruiter or to the fax number provided on the form. Once the form has been received, you should receive an invitation to test at the next available testing opportunity in a location nearest you. Each testing location recruits 2-4 times per year.
- ***Please note, some facilities have a longer waiting period than others.
- Once you have received your invitation, complete and print the CMS-100 Employment Application AND the Forms & Instructions.
Those who have all their forms completed, have provided proper ID and have necessary copies will be admitted first.
Copies will not be made at the Test Site and seating is limited.
The following forms are required of all test participants - Failure to complete and bring these forms to your assigned test may result in you not being admitted to the test.
- Invitation letter with test location and date (Required)
- Completed CMS-100 Application (Required)
- Completed Forms (Required)
- Original Driver's License or State ID, and a copy (Both Required)
- Copy of High School Diploma, GED or H.S./College Transcripts (Required)
- Copy of Selective Service Registration, Males 18-26 (Required)
Candidates must successfully complete the entire testing process in order to be deemed eligible for MHTT. Candidates will be tested in the following categories:
- Written and Video Observation
- Physical Ability Exercises
- Oral Interview
For more information, contact:
Technician Selection Program
Bureau of Recruitment and Selection
100 South Grand Avenue East, 1st Floor
Springfield, IL 62762
217-524-1548 or e-mail a TSP Recruiter
- Alton Mental Health Center
4500 College Avenue
Alton, IL 62002
Madison County, Learn More about the Alton Area
- Chicago Read Mental Health Center
4200 North Oak Park Avenue
Chicago, IL 60634
Cook County, Learn More about the Chicago Area
- Choate Mental Health & Developmental Center
1000 North Main Street
Anna, IL 62906
Union County, Learn More about the Anna Area
- Fox Developmental Center
134 West Main Street
Dwight, IL 60420
Livingston County, Learn More about the Dwight Area
- Kiley Developmental Center
1401 West Dugdale Road
Waukegan, IL 60085
Lake County, Learn More about the Waukegan Area
- Ludeman Developmental Center
114 North Orchard Drive
Park Forest, IL 60466
Cook County, Learn More about the Park Forest Area
- Mabley Developmental Center
1120 Washington Avenue
Dixon, IL 61021
Lee County, Learn More about the Dixon Area
- Madden Mental Health Center
1200 S. First Avenue
Hines, IL 60141
Cook County, Learn More about the Hines Area
- McFarland Mental Health Center
901 Southwind Road
Springfield, IL 62703
Sangamon County, Learn More about the Springfield Area
- Murray Developmental Center
1535 West McCord
Centralia, IL 62801
Clinton County, Learn More about the Centralia Area
- Shapiro Developmental Center
100 East Jeffery Street
Kankakee, IL 60901
Kankakee County, Learn More about the Kankakee Area