The Technician Selection Program (TSP) is a program within the Bureau of Recruitment and Selection (BRS) that focuses on the recruitment and selection of Mental Health Technician Trainees within the various Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS) facilities throughout the State of Illinois.
Mental Health Technician Trainee (MHTT)
- Candidates must be high school graduates or possess a GED credential. No previous training or experience is required. Please review the MHTT Complete Job Specifications for additional information about the duties of this position.
MHTT Application Process
- To apply for Mental Heath Technician Trainee, candidates must apply directly through IDHS. The Department of Central Management Services (CMS) does not administer testing for this title.
- If interested in applying, complete and submit a MHTT Invitation Form or Formulario de Invitacion de TSME to a TSP recruiter or to the fax number provided on the form. Applicants will receive an invitation to attend the next testing opportunity at a nearby testing location. Each testing location recruits 2-4 times per year.
- ***Please note, some facilities have a longer waiting period than others.
- Once the invitation is received, complete and print a CMS-100 Employment Application, including forms & instructions.
Those who have all forms completed, have provided proper ID and have necessary copies will be admitted first.
Copies will not be made at the test site and seating is limited.
The following forms are required of all test participants - Failure to complete and bring the required forms to the assigned test may result in a candidate not being admitted to the test.
- Invitation letter with test location and date (Required)
- Completed CMS-100 Application (Required)
- Completed forms (Required)
- Original driver's license or State ID, and a copy (Both Required)
- Copy of high school diploma, GED or H.S./College Transcripts (Required)
- Copy of Selective Service Registration, males 18-26 (Required)
Candidates must successfully complete the entire testing process in order to be deemed eligible for MHTT. Candidates will be tested in the following categories:
- Written and video observation
- Physical ability exercises
- Oral interview
For more information, contact:
Technician Selection Program
Bureau of Recruitment and Selection
100 South Grand Avenue East, 1st Floor
Springfield, Illinois 62762
Phone: 217-524-1548 or e-mail: TSP Recruiter
- Fox Developmental Center
134 West Main Street
Dwight, Illinois 60420
Livingston County, Learn More about the Dwight Area
- Kiley Developmental Center
1401 West Dugdale Road
Waukegan, Illinois 60085
Lake County, Learn More about the Waukegan Area
- Ludeman Developmental Center
114 North Orchard Drive
Park Forest, Illinois 60466
Cook County, Learn More about the Park Forest Area
- Mabley Developmental Center
1120 Washington Avenue
Dixon, Illinois 61021
Lee County, Learn More about the Dixon Area
- Madden Mental Health Center
1200 S. First Avenue
Hines, Illinois 60141
- McFarland Mental Health Center
901 Southwind Road
Springfield, Illinois 62703
Sangamon County, Learn More about the Springfield Area
- Murray Developmental Center
1535 West McCord
Centralia, Illinois 62801
Clinton County, Learn More about the Centralia Area
- Shapiro Developmental Center
100 East Jeffery Street
Kankakee, Illinois 60901
Kankakee County, Learn More about the Kankakee Area